Position open until filled; reviewing
applications on a rotating basis.
Account for an Agency That Benefit Us All!
Line is dedicated to serving Missoula by providing accessible, reliable
transportation at zero-fare. Averaging 1.5 million rides annually, and with
service expansions on the horizon, we are seeking a full-time Accounting Clerk
Payroll Specialist to support our rapidly growing agency.
serving Missoula your career by joining a team that benefits us all!
Position Summary: This position will prepare and
maintain financial records to track
the Missoula Urban Transportation District's (MUTD) bi-weekly payroll and
other related financial activities. Responsible
for preparing payroll for all staff in a timely and accurate
manner in compliance with union collective bargaining
agreements ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Maintain
timesheets, track attendance, benefit, and
incentive calendars. Prepare all quarterly and
annual payroll reporting, including W-2 preparation and
reporting to state and federal agencies. Other miscellaneous reports may be
required. Ensures reports are accurate and timely. Respond to
payroll inquiries from staff. Complete Accounts Payable on a semi-monthly
basis. Serves as the primary backup for answering the
telephone and greeting visitors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform payroll functions and other related duties for MUTD.
- Protect MUTD's value by keeping information confidential.
- Demonstrate strong internal customer service skills.
- Utilize excellent oral and written communication skills.
- File payroll tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Provide outside auditors with assistance by gathering necessary account information and documents to perform annual audits.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and accurate coding.
- Enter accounts payable invoices into the accounting system.
- Prepare checks to vendors.
- Communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, vendors, and other agencies.
- Research and solve payment discrepancies in accounts payable.
- Knowledge of Missoula area geography, including landmarks, streets, businesses, medical facilities, and community events.
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel, and the ability to learn accounting software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
School diploma or GED and
three years of experience, or any similar combination of education
Two to five years
of payroll experience.
REQUIREMENTS OR LICENSES:
Valid driver's license in the
State of Montana or an acceptable alternate form of identification.
Work occurs typically in an
office with frequent (51-80%) use of a computer,
telephone, and other office equipment; the noise level is typical
of an office environment. Work is also performed in a
classroom environment and, infrequently, in shop-floor locations
with the various noise levels associated with those locations.
The employee is frequently required
to sit, talk, or hear; use repetitive hand motions; handle or
feel; and stand, walk, reach, bend, stoop, or lift up
to five pounds regularly. Infrequently, moving
materials weighing up to 25 pounds may be required.
This position has no supervisory
Works under the general supervision of
the Human Resource Manager and indirectly under the
Director of Finance and Administration.
Transportation District is a diverse community that provides equal
opportunity in employment, activities, and its programs. It is the policy of
the MUTD and its Board that there will be no discrimination or
harassment in any educational programs, activities, or
employment on the grounds of race, color, religion, ethnicity, use of native
language, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability,
veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other status
protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The District also
prohibits retaliation against an individual for engaging in activity protected
under this policy and interfering with rights or privileges granted
under anti-discrimination laws.
PDF of Job Description